Friday, 29 April 2011

Quiet day of paperwork.

Today was one of my more quiet, reflective days where I looked over some of the paperwork from a couple of missions I had been on recently. Filling it out and reading other people's reports reminded me of when I was a 3rd, just beginning my life in SOLDIER, after 2 long years in the Infantry. I was younger than most of them and worryingly more powerful. I don't think I would ever forget my first SOLDIER mission.

It started with two of the 1st Class SOLDIERs coming to get me. They looked at me, I was small, scrawny and if not a little frightened. I was called to them and one of them looked at me. He laughed and then smiled at me. Pyre and Yagi were good people. I looked up to them and loved them as brothers. Pyre would take me with him sometimes on his missions and Yagi was always there with a story or a kind word whenever I was feeling depressed. I was taken with them to investigate some monsters at what was to be Midgar. They were really impressed with how fast I was or just how good I was. I got home, back to the barracks in Junon and they decided that I should meet the 2 new Infantrymen that had joined.

I went with them and was introduced to Angeal and Genesis. They were both a bit older than I was, but I remember how we hit it off and became friends. We now all live together as a unit. and the rest is well history.

Sephiroth

No comments:

Post a Comment